Pages

Saturday 18 February 2017

An old poem dedicated to a new friend

For Debbie - who, with tons of conviction, stepped up to the plate to read one of my poems with vigour, vitriol, a dramatic pointing finger and a license to get angry! Well held Debbie; loved your delivery!! x
Keeping the Peace

I was trying to do the right thing
That thing I thought would lead to peace
That thing I thought would make things right

All blame and responsibility
No life experience
No time for learning, only punishment
And that thing I thought would make things right, didn’t

Shouting, spit frothing, she’s on the war path
Vicious, angry, demonic
An evil glare to burn right through
This tender heart; this trusting heart

Can’t breathe, heart heavy
Daren’t approach, weight of fear’s immense
Hate zone of God’s curses, spitefully hurled
And scar tissue shrouds this infant heart

And that thing I thought would make things right, won’t

Trapped with madness
Safe ‘out’ eluding my small
Smashed, damaged, broken self
Still broken now

And that thing I thought would make things right, never did

1 comment:

  1. Great that this old poem has come to new light - a vivid picture appears through the words!

    ReplyDelete